Monday, August 4, 2008

The Wedding

Less than a week after Ty was born, we decided to brave a cross-country trip to Utah for Rob's sister's (Kristen) wedding. We drove throught he night (we are too poor to want a hotel) and stopped every two hourse to feed Ty and change diapers. It was exhausting but totally worth the surprised look we got from Rob's family (we didn't tell them we were coming). We got to visit my family too since my mom is doing a summer term at BYU and two of my brothers are in Utah. It was a great trip. Oh, and we DID get a hotel on the way home...no sense in making the same mistake twice!
Kristen & Ryan Black--July 18, 2008
My boys!
This is Robbie's version of "smile"

Keeping an almost-two year old sitting still is impossible. By the end of the evening, his tux was chalked with dirt...so cute!

7 comments:

K said...

I saw Rob and Robbie at church, but not long enough to actually talk to them. I had no idea you'd come along. I figured he'd flown out here and you were home with baby Ty. Too bad I missed you, but I'm sure you weren't too up for visitors after having a baby and a really long trip, not to mention wrestling kids at a wedding. Maybe we'll see you the next time you make it this way!

Wilde Mom said...

I love Robbie's smile! I'm so glad we were able to see you while you were here. I wish we would have taken some pictures though. Oh, well. We'll have to make up for it at Christmas time.

Martins said...

Your little boys are so cute! I can't believe you made that trip only a week after...Brave woman!

Jenny said...

What a fun (CRAZY) trip!!! All of the boys are so cute! We miss you guys tons! How close are you guys to Nauvoo?

Laura Waltz said...

Very adorable. I must say you are very lucky to have such wonderful guys. I am so happy that your cross-state/country trip went so well! How fun. Also, Rob's sister and her hubby look super cute!

Unknown said...

WHOAH! I'm in awe. You rock, supermom!

rnk said...

You guys rock for coming all that way. I know Kristen loved it and it was a wonderful surprise. Thank you, Thank you!