Monday, November 9, 2009

Hunter Man

He's got it bad. When I first met Rob, he liked football, fly fishing, and he wore nice clothes. It's been 8 years since we met. Now he likes politics, hunting, and he wears camo! After missing out this deer season, he wasn't going to let bird season come and go without a little meat to show for it. He went to Mount Sterling with his brother a few weeks ago and came back with this:
His first rooster pheasant
Apparently that experience only tickled his palate, because this weekend he and my brothers, Daniel and John, headed out to a hunting reserve about an hour away to have at it again. It was my brothers' first time hunting and they did great. Both got a pheasant their first shot (we are related to Wyatt Earp--it's gotta mean something, right?)

Johnny

Daniel

Rob

They knew I wouldn't be too happy to cook birds up (I mean a frozen tender is one thing, but eyes and a beak...), so they brought it home like this:

We cooked it last night, and it was great! Way to bring home the dinner, boys!

5 comments:

Cassandra said...

I remember how you "LOVE" cooking chicken :) It's a good thing they brought it home all ready to go, I never would have touched it the other way either!

Heidi said...

Carl went pheasant hunting down on their property...nothing. He was pretty bummed.

I loved your doorway, and the halloween costumes. I can't believe how big Ty is!

(I just found some fur at walmart for $3 and made the ears. they were pretty easy...but I loved how they turned out.)

Kara said...

Mmmm...makes me miss Utah! It would be hard for me to cook that up too! Way to go!

Unknown said...

I was cracking up at the contrast b/w Rob then and Rob now. Hilarious!

Nashelle said...

This year, no hunting for us...I don't know if I should be as relieved as I am ;). Miss you guys!