Monday, March 8, 2010

Winter Olympics--Haas Style

I love living here. It is gorgeous and family-friendly and there are a million things to do nearby. Rob's mom and brother came up this weekend, and with the weather being just perfect, we decided to use our free cross-country ski passes at Soldier Hollow (yes, the Olympic course!!!). We brought Robbie's downhill skis and they were so nice to let him practice on their runs for free. He's doing just great!! Little Ty had a blast just running up and down the slopes.

Mom, Dad, & Robbie.

Robbie & Grandma


I love this picture. He's seriously focused on mastering his snowplow.

Ty's getting pretty good, too. (Olympic Park, Park City)

Cool Runnings has nothing on Haas Happenings

Rob on a luge
My personal highlight, however, was CURLING!!! Yep! My brothers came up with a group of friends and we all went curling! Okay, here's what I have to say to all of you who, like me, make fun of curling on TV: it's HARD!!! You slip and slide everywhere and balancing is a real skill, but it is a blast. They even let Robbie try it! Great memory.
Each of those stones is 42 pounds!

Rob has excellent form--surprise, surprise! Me? Not so much.


I've already released the stone, but the PVC pipe thing is to help us with balance. Olympians don't get that, obviously, so I respect them all the more.

4 comments:

K said...

This looks like such a fun adventure. I should bring K up sometime to do the Olympic stuff. He would LOVE that. He was so into the Olympics this year. Also, I've always wanted to try curling. It's just a cool thing to say you've tried:)

Jake and Tiff said...

Wow, Robbie and Ty are getting so big! Such handsome little boys too! I'm way impressed with Robbie's skiing abilities, I think he's already better than I am. :) It all looks like such a fun day.

Anonymous said...

I think I would be terrible at curling. So when is the next reunion?

Jenny said...

How fun. I really miss Utah for the mountains. Sigh...