Sunday, September 12, 2010

Answers to Prayers

Robbie's job everyday is to venture to the mailboxes and get our mail. Well, a few days ago, our key wasn't in it's usual spot in the junk drawer. The three of us (Robbie, Ty, and I) began our search but were unsuccessful.

"Wait, Mom," Robbie said, "I have an idea! Let's ask Heavenly Father where it is! He'll help us find it!"

"Great idea, Robbie," I said before we all knelt down in their bedroom.
When we were done, I looked up to find Robbie's eyes full of faith. Before us was the boys' hamper; I immediatly dug in, grabbing Ty's shorts first thing--the keys were hanging from its pocket.

We said a prayer of thanks . . . I lingered a little longer, thanking God for teaching my children that He does listen and answer their prayers.


Not a week later (tonight, actually) I was putting the boys to sleep. Robbie was very concerned about a scab on his leg. I brushed it off, saying he was fine and quietly snuggled next to Ty. Minutes passed and Robbie must have thought I was gone, so he quickly whispered another darling prayer:
"Heavenly Father, please bless that my scab won't hurt me anymore . . ."
Thirty seconds later, he was asleep.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious! What a great teaching moment. You have raised those boys right for Robbie to say that he had the idea! Way to go!

Heidi said...

darn cute! I love those moments!

Tara said...

Sweet boy! He's such a tender little guy. So glad we get to spend every day with him. Hopefully he will rub off on Caden.

Tiffany said...

Ah- that's very sweet. :)

Laura Waltz said...

Wow, that is adorable!