Monday, September 19, 2011

Fireballs!

I've been awaiting this fall for five years now--so excited for Robbie to be on his first sports team! Well, the time has arrived and he is playing on a soccer team named the Fireballs! I'm not gonna lie, it was rough and hilarious at the beginning. Robbie was too polite to kick the ball away from someone or even rub shoulders. You should heard Rob and me "coaching" him during his practice water breaks ("You just take it from them; don't be nice, get aggressive!) Pathetic, I know. My dad assured me the aggression would naturally come, and it did. Once he figured out how to actually play the game, there was no turning back. He scored at his first game and can't wait until his next one. He picked #7 as his number, not even realizing it was his daddy's number--and considering they look almost identical, it's like a little de ja vu for Rob, I'm sure. Ty keeps begging to play, too, and had to get dragged off the field during several practices when he tried to take on the big kids in his flip flops! So funny.

This is Robbie and his buddy Braden--they signed up together.

Rob and Ross (The dads. As you see, they can't wait to see practice either--still in scrubs from work! Ross and Lindsey have three boys, too. They went to BYU-I. They are LDS. Rob and Ross are in the same residency. We were just meant to be friends.)




This one is blurry, but I wanted at least ONE action shot!

No comments: