Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Dream Crusher

My mom was dubbed "Dream Crusher" a few years back. It seemed that every time we had a new dream or avenue we wanted to explore, she would point out all of the "potential issues" that we would need to attack. No fun. Total dream crusher,right? (To her defense, she is highly optimistic and supportive of each of us, always encouraging--just with an added taste of reality.)

Well, I am sad to say, I've become that person. As I've said before, Ty has a new found passion for art. After limiting the amount of paper he could color each day, and putting a nix on the body art, he found an alternative to his "canvas" problem: the carpet! But the best part is that he used permanent marker! Oh yes, blue marker all over to forever tell his story!

(He wasn't exactly happy when I told him he had to clean it up and, well, it refused to be cleaned!)



So, the markers got put up--way up! But Ty's little imagination couldn't be shelved. Oh no. Instead, I got . . .Clothes Mosiac--notice that the shirts aren't just dumped in a pile, but evenly strewn about the floor. So lovely.And my missing mixing bowls served as a metal tree statue in the shadow of our Christmas tree.

So, I give up. Ty is a horse that can't be broken--I love that about him. He is spirited and determined and proud.

3 comments:

Chelsie said...

bahahahaha! that is awful and yet so funny! I miss you guys and I need to blog so bad! I have so much to catch up on!

Laura Waltz said...

Hahaha...he would get along perfectly with my guys! That is one reason I took Parker's dresser out of his room and the boys have a plastic cord around their closet door knobs. My sanity determines that they stay off/out of those things!

Unknown said...

oh my.. Truman is turning into a little artist, I better watch my markers!

I need your mailing address to send a little holiday card.

Camillesimons(at)gmail