Saturday, March 24, 2012

30!

I've been 30 for about a week now, and I feel great! Hopefully I am young at heart--I still swear high school was yesterday, and yet in between I have had a decade of huge changes! I got married, graduated from college, got my first "real" job--the kind with a salary, moved 6 times, had three children, was put into the hospital way too many times, bought my first car and house . . . it's been a great ten years! I hope the next ten are healthy and happy. I'll have teenagers then--crazy. It makes me realize that I need to delight in each moment. I want to start doing things for me--working out, decorating, painting, finishing my book, taking up new hobbies. Who knows! I have so much to be grateful for and to look forward to. Happy Birthday to me!

I had a great, laid back party--just my closest friends so it was hassle-free. We just hung out and ate my favorite foods (cheese and chocolate fondue with yummy cakes, fruits, veggies, bread). A spinach/bacon salad (that I was deprived of for a year while on coumadin), Better-Than-Sex Cake, Izzies to drink . . . it was lovely. The boys bought me a "SuperMom" card, describing me as a Mom-like superhero--it's the finest compliment I could get from them, really. And Rob likes to let the boys just pick whatever they want--no steering them in directions. So, I got Nanny McPhee Returns :) (note my trying to stop cracking up look) and a hot pink work out shirt from Ty (it always got to be hot pink for him--the only color for girls in his view). Rob made it an outfit and got me an iHome. I am so grateful for my amazing family and friends. I've a blessed life indeed.


1 comment:

The Shermans said...

Sexy Woman! I'm hitting 30 too this year, but I agree that it seems like high school was just yesterday. You are beautiful!