Thursday, June 28, 2012

Breeding Losers

This cute boy . . .

is growing up. I'm so sad.

Robbie had his first real play date with a kid from school. They are on the same t-ball team, and though Zach is 7 and a grade ahead of Robbie, they've become friends. I have to admit, pretty much everyone seems to want Robbie as a friend--he's a great little guy--but after eaves dropping on their little conversation as Robbie and Zach walked home from summer school, I am beginning to wonder how long his popularity is going to last!

Zach: So Robbie, do you have a bunk bed?

Robbie: No

Z: An electric skooter?

R: No.

Z: Electric bike, then?

R: No. My parents don't have very much money. (I about died hearing this. So sad. So true. So . . . hard to respond to! But, Zach seemed unfazed . . .)

Z: So what kind of gaming system to do you have?

R: What's that?

Yep, my kids are gonna be losers. Too honest. Too clueless. But . . . they'll be good boys, and that's all I care about.

3 comments:

Wendy Dahle said...

Oh, how I miss you all of you. I hope someday you will live closer. I am so glad that all turned out well for the baby. You have a beautiful family. Love you guys. Aunt Wendy

Sarah said...

Stay strong on the no gaming system! I'm right there with you.

Danika said...

That is so ok! I am trying to put off anything like that for a long time. Poor Luke has no clue how to play a video game, but I am so ok with that! I'd rather they play outside or at least do something with their imaginations!