Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bad Week

The washer broke the week before--awesome. Got it replaced with a Maytag toploader-- it's what my mom used when I was growing up; it's what Rob's mom used, too. Has to be good.

So, after doing a million loads of laundry--I thought that my "trial" for months was done. Wrong.
Robbie got croup.
Rob's mom had an emergency surgery.
Romney lost the election--yes, I cried.
I got my first mammogram--I always think I'm dying of something, right?
And then . . .



we discovered we have termites! Fabulous!

The boys were playing ball in the house; a ball hit the picture and a piece of paint fell to the floor. Rob looked behind the picture to see the damage and was shocked to find a destroyed wall!

But, there is good news. The company was very kind to us; they had issued a warranty, that had expired almost half a year ago, declaring there were no termites visible in our house. So, after I gave quite an argument, he treated the whole house for $375 (half the normal cost). Rob's mom is fine. Robbie's fine. I don't have breast cancer, just get to follow up in 6 months when I get my stent checked.

I'm still depressed about Romney.

Still, I am so grateful that things always turn out. My parents are eternal optimists! I call them crying or in distress all the time, it seems, and they always make my day sunny and my outlook positive. I love them!

Rob has surgery on Thursday. One more hurdle, but I think all will be well. Life is sweet, it really is.

1 comment:

Nashelle said...

You're a pillar of strength, Kyrsten! Thanks for sharing your optimism!