Saturday, December 5, 2009

Our Hot, Steamy Date Nights

It was time to add a little more excitement to our lives, so Rob and I decided it was time to . . .

get SCUBA certified!!

What a blast! For the last three weeks Rob and I have been taking classes and going diving, and this Thursday we finished our last class (it is great to have family around to babysit, too). It was a splurge for sure, but so worth it (and we got a screaming deal, too. $150! (of course, the equipment was just as much, but still...)).

Our last two nights were at the warm, and yes, steamy, crater in Midway. Rob and I were both a little leery of getting so deep since we had a hard time equalizing in the pool, but we ended up having no problem at all. Our last day was the best! We went to the bottom of the crater (62 ft.), only realizing later we weren't supposed to go that deep--oops! the water just wasn't the same after that. Rob repelled down the dive line, be both did somersaults, and hand stands... Rob even tried to see if we could just blow water into each others mouths and still breathe (I was a no go on that one). We had a great group, too, so we all came here afterwards for a little Scuba class party. Great memory! Now I just can't wait until Kauai in May!






6 comments:

Nashelle said...

How fun! I love that you guys "broke" the rules, too...looks like such fun!

Ian and Tamra said...

Hmmmm... Hot AND Steamy! Why don't I come up with these ideas?

Cassandra said...

That is so fun! You will have a blast in Kauai. Jesse went diving in Cozumel, and loved it.

Heidi said...

Woa! Crazy-Carl's gonna be jealous when I tell him.

K said...

I've always wanted to take scuba lessons. What a fun activity to do together.

Wilde Mom said...

Yeah! I'm glad you finished and loved it. We are trying to figure out when we'll be able to get certified ourselves. Hopefully we can work it out before May.