Friday, February 5, 2010

The Gym




I wanted to sign Robbie up for gymnastics--Rob and I both did it when we were his age, and thought it would be fun--but it was kind of expensive and we had to commit for 9 months. Better option: for $5 your kids can go and play on the equipment (and adults, too...but we're free!) Perfect! The boys LOVED it! The trampolines, the sponge pit, the cushy floor and blocks--it was the best playground ever. Downfall: GERMS! As we were leaving, Rob and I had a little conversation like this:

K: "That was fun! But don't you think it's just a cesspool of sickness waiting to happen? It's not like they sanitize the sponge pit! Gross!"
Rob rolled his eyes. "Kyrsten, that's so stupid. There are germs EVERYWHERE!" And then he gave his famous, "Trust, me, I'm a doctor!" spiel.
MOM WINS! For the last week, we have been giving breathing treatments twice a day along with Tylenol and a humidifier at night.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

How fun! We had Ethan in gymnastics, and we would go do the open gym play time too. I felt the same way and bathed the kids in bleach when we got home each time! I did learn however that they do sanatize the foam pit like once a month or something with some kind of power sprayer (at least at our gym)! Sorry to hear about the upcoming knee surgery, Jesse had surgery on his shoulder about 8 months ago, I can't believe the recovery process! Good luck! Sorry to hear about your finger too, but glad to hear you are cancer free!!