Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Big Green Dinosaur




My mom interviewed Robbie after mowing the lawn and turned his responses into a poem.
i like it when i get to help
dad mow the lawn
it’s the funnest ever
only big boys can ride
with dad
--cause grandpa’s lawn mower
is like a tractor ride
it is REALLY dangerous

it kind of looks like
a BIG green dinosaur
but it has some black on it too
the seat is yellow
and it has lights on it
so after dark
we can see

i can’t drive it by myself yet
it is really tricky
when you turn it on
it kind of hurts my ears

i get to sit on dad’s lap
it is like a car
because it has a steering wheel
he lets me steer sometimes
i’m like a big man –a little bit

my favorite part
is when it’s going up hills
it is really fun
we go up there
and get the grass

it is like a weed eater
because it eats grass
it chops it up
then it goes into bags
sometimes it spills
on the sidewalk

when the bags are all full
we dump it out
way back in the yard
it’s hard to turn it around
but that’s alright

i like riding on it
cause it’s a little bumpy
specially when we go over rocks
sometimes I get off
and pick them up
i found a brick too
and toys and sticks

the seat tickles and shakes me
it’s kind of funny
we run over the dog poop
it’s really yucky
i wish I could do it again
right now
it’s the bestest ever

No comments: