Friday, May 20, 2011

The Name's DOCTOR Haas!

It was a blast. The boys stayed with Grandparents Haas and I missed them the whole time. Still, baby Kez with us and was a trooper the whole time. We stayed at the darling Depot Inn in La Plata, ate at the FABULOUS Pear Tree, and loved coming into "town" (aka Kirksville) to meet with friends. It's been two years and it feels like yesterday--no awkward moments, just pure friendships. The girls talked; the boys played. And at graduation, I cried. I was surprised by how emotional I got, but the ceremony was beautiful and I was just so proud of all the sweet people from the program. I've enjoyed my life as a med-wife and am a little sad to see it go (I can't believe I'm saying that). Congratulations, Rob! You're gonna be one amazing doctor!

P.S. Rob always joked about having his MAs carry the tails of his LONG white coat once he was a doctor--you know, follow him like some precession; he said he wouldn't respond to any name but Doctor, too, and vowed to change all his answering machines when we got home. We always joked about it, but the day after graduation, he came into the room wearing his doctor's hood over his jammies. Maybe he's taking this more seriously than I thought! :)





7 comments:

Elsie said...

Yeah! Congrats to you BOTH!

Kelli said...

Congratulations!! How exciting!

Unknown said...

I'm with you...I was surprised by how emotional I felt during the whole ceremony. I felt so intensely proud of Brent and all our friends, too! Congratulations guys!

Laura Waltz said...

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing pictures of the big day!

K said...

Congratulations. Huge accomplishment!

Sarah said...

Did Rob tell you what he and Matt were talking about during graduation? Well, it wasn't emotional but that isn't surprising. I think they were making fun of the faculty. So mature.
It was so fun to see you and I hope your health improves!

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad I got to sit by your during graduation- even if I did drive you crazy with all my kids! :)