Monday, June 20, 2011

Meet Miss Piggy



In keeping with Kyrsten tradition, I had a freak health issue. After over a year of strange head stinging, I underwent sinus surgery to get the mycetoma (fungal ball) removed from my sphenoid sinus. Could it really be that simple, though? No, as a result of my anticoagulants, I decided to hemorrhage. Rob took me to the ER where I spent 4 hours bleeding until they shoved packs up my nose--so painful! The nastiest part was yanking the blood clot out of my throat (so I could breathe) using my fingers! So fun.

Ty said it best. "Mom, your nose is huge! It's like as big as an alligator truck!" But now I am healed and all is well!

1 comment:

Laura Waltz said...

Oh man, is there ever a 6 month time frame something doesn't happen to one of you? :) I don't know how you handle it, but glad you are ok!