Monday, February 6, 2012

But You're Three!

We love our kids and we believe in them. But let's be real, there are limitations! That is, unless your dad is Rob. Rob doesn't believe in stopping their progress for some kind of "appropriate age" made-up marker. And so, my kids try everything early--or so it seems. My mom keeps joking that they'll have nothing to look forward to. But they will . . . .

This week was one of those times. Rob said Ty was ready to ride a bike. I, the doubter, told him to leave Ty alone--he's only THREE!!! (I know that doesn't mean a lot coming from me, who was a total loser and couldn't ride a bike until I was like seven--okay, not so much "like seven" . . . seven. Humiliating, I know. ) But . . . Rob was right. Ty can ride a two-wheeler. Of course he was motivated--Rob told him he couldn't ride a motorcycle unless he knew how to ride a bike first; Ty hopped right on.

And FYI: Don't worry Mom, getting Ty a motorcycle isn't one of those developmental milestones I'm aiming to achieve; my goal is that he'll NEVER ride one! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's those crazy Haas genes! You were destined to have boys. That is impressive. Way to go, Ty!