Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12 Days of Christmas

We're loved! The other morning I found this beautiful tree (and the box) on my porch with the note: "On the first day of Christmas, my true friends gave to me . . . A festive Christmas tree!" Isn't it darling?

Day 2: Two chocolate oranges
Day 3: Three PEZ dispensers
Day 4: Four games for playing (there were tops and little pinball games--one for each boy)
Day 5: Five mugs of cocoa (we all drank it for FHE!)
Day 6: Six Christmas Carols (it was the Elf Soundtrack--super cute!)
Day 7: Seven Things for Cookies


Day 8: Eight Gourmet Lollipops
Day 9: Nine Fruits for Eating (pomegranate,grapefruit, clementines)
Day 10: Ten Ounces of Chocolate (Hershey's Pot of Gold Box!)
Day 11: Eleven Cans of Soda
Day 12: Twelve Presents!


Family Gifts: KC Royals baseball and bat; Boardgame
Robbie, Ty, & Jimmy: They each got a ball attached to a bungie string that you put on your wrist (for practice throwing, catching, hitting); and Mario, Luigi, and Wario cars!
Kyrsten: A silver bracelet; a gorgeous plum-colored acrylic Calvin Klein scarf.
Rob: A KC Chiefs beanie and headphones.

The family who I think did it (their little boy kind of gave it away) has five boys and just finished their residency three years ago. The wife and I serve in the Relief Society Presidency together--we're like them in five years! Anyway, I am sure they want to go unnoticed, so I won't embarrass them, but Rob and I have decided we will pay it forward and definitely do this special thing for a family in the upcoming years. It brought so much joy and anticipation to the Christmas season!