Sunday, March 24, 2013

Girl Drama

Poor Robbie is clueless. The girls at school are completely obsessed! Not a day goes by that I don't find a love note or picture a girl gives to him. He's had presents that just randomly appear in his backpack from them. He's been kissed on the cheek twice on the playground (no worries--my good little boy told the teacher on them!) Well one day while walking home Robbie and Roman (his best friend/neighbor) starting telling me how mean the girls had been to them. "They were calling us names whispering stuff. We didn't even do anything!" That night, a girl named Lydia called Robbie. Seriously!? He's in Kindergarten! I only let her talk to him because I thought she might apologize. No. I found out the next day (from my friend Casey, Roman's mom, who ate lunch with the kids) that Lydia just "missed him" when he's not around! Unreal!  I've been keeping it all very low-key for Robbie's sake. He's still so sweet. After I explained that the girls were just trying to get his attention, he said, "Why didn't they just say my name?"  Good question, Robbie.

No comments: