Wednesday, June 22, 2016

More Jimmyisms

All of my kids say funny things, but Jimmy has to top them all. Every time my dad calls he asks, "Did Jimmy say anything funny today?" Its always as a YES!

This is just from the last two weeks:

I'm putting him to bed; it's all dark and I'm giving him kisses, when he suddenly gets a super intense face (furrowed brow, scrunched nose...you know, tough-stuff-look), and says, "Don't worry, Mom! If a bad guy comes in tonight, I brought . . . (and yes, there is a dramatic pause as he reaches behind his back) THIS! (a flashlight)"   My eyes open wide, but I don't have time to respond as he continues, "And like everybody knows, the bright rays of the sun will blind your eyes if you look at it... (another pause as he opens his eyes as round as golf balls and shines the light directly into them) like this!" He's a pretty intense little dude! And let's be honest, what bad guy would want intense flashlight rays zapping his bad-guy eyes?

Then yesterday, Ty's friend Ryder came over with a birthday party invitation. Jimmy is suddenly mopey and grumbling, and finally says, "Ty ALWAYS gets invited to birthday parties . . ." and then he frowns, "It's 'cause he's cute and skinny!"

Oh my gosh, I busted up laughing at that one! We don't even have girls in this house (I don't count because I'm practically a princess goddess), and yet he already has the cute and skinny thing figured out!

No comments: