Monday, April 11, 2016

From Caetie

Two of my friends and I carpool to preschool. Caetie has the afternoon shift on Tuesdays and Thursdays and gets the BIGGEST kick out of Jimmy! She comes home and tells me all the hilarious stuff he says in his super serious, know-it-all voice. Honestly, it's really just cute because he's young and talks like he's 40; when he's 13--it really won't be cute to his friends anymore!

The latest from Jimmy's mouth:

After the Easter party, the kids were handing out candy in the car. One kid tries to offer Jimmy a candy egg, to which he replies, "No, I don't need that. My dad tells me that sugar is not good for me; it will give me diabetes."  Needless to say, the other kids could care less about dia-something, and devoured his share with relish! Who has that kind of control at age 5?! (or 34!)

Another candy fight in the car. Caetie stopped by the bank on the way home; they always give out suckers to the kids. Naturally, the other children start fighting over who gets which flavor...there's tears and yelling. Then Jimmy, a little frustrated by such immature behavior says, "Kids, knock it off! It doesn't matter if you get cherry or peach...the only thing that really matters, is Heavenly Father." So true, and I'm proud that he has priorities straight--but again, not gonna go over big in high school.

I was in Utah with the youth for General Conference. Caetie watched Jimmy for a day while Rob was at work. She has 6 kids and a new baby and her husband was working all night...anyway, Jimmy walks into the house and says, "Wow! This place is TRASHED!" Okay, maybe he still has a little kid in there after all; his filter is still developing!





No comments: