Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Swiss Days

Our sweet little town of Midway is home to Swiss Days--a cute little fair of great crafts and food. Half of the proceeds go to the General Missionary Fund, the other half go toward the city boosters, so it is a great cause and so much fun! I decided that I really wanted to embrace the whole experience this year, so I volunteered to make the famous Swiss Bread for a few hours one day, and I also volunteered at the Knochwurst & Sourkraut booth. My parents were in town, so I volunteered them too, and we had a total blast! I can't wait to do it next year.
Mom and me manning the front of the booth--one of us put a cookie on the plate and the other put the utensils on.

My Dad was the Kraut Man--having served a mission in Germany he couldn't have been more thrilled. The kraut fermented at room temperature for 59 days!!!

1 comment:

K said...

I was there! I wish I would have known what booth you were in. I would have LOVED to see you again. I definitely didn't stop by the sauerkraut booth though. Sorry:)