Thursday, June 3, 2010

Zoo & Mischeif & More Beach

I've always loved the beach--especially my beaches, the ones I've gone to my whole life. And now I have them convinced . . .

Bring it, waves!

Ty finds his first star fish

Funny story. So we get to the beach and see seagulls. Rob says, "Those aren't seagulls; trust me, it's my state bird." No really, trust me; California seagulls are something else--huge, aggressive, and everywhere! We started throwing little crumbs of bread to an empty beach . . .

And they came.
The kids loved the dozens of birds floating over them so close.

Ty was terrified at first--wouldn't even get near the roaring water. By the second day, he couldn't get enough of it!

Earlier in the week, Robbie threw a frisbee at my mom's bay window and broke it. A few days later, I found this in the backyard:
Dirt-covered faces?
Oh yes.


Last stop down memory lane was the Santa Barbara Zoo. We had season passes there as kids and I though Rob would love the drive up PCH. (I was dead wrong about the drive. I actually had him convinced to move to California until we hit the traffic--my dreams are now shattered.) Still, the zoo was great.
And . . . we got to ride the train! (Ty was so excited to go "in" a real "choo-choo.")


No comments: