Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Everyday

Life is busy here--like really busy! Here's a sample of my week (and I have to say, poor Robbie has the brunt of it!)

Sunday: Early morning meetings at 9 am. Rob gets the kids ready and is at church 30 minutes early to print the bulletin. We wrestle the boys through sacrament, Rob stays with Jimmy in nursery (or else he cries and pounds on the door like he's being tortured from within)--maybe slips into Primary to watch the boys give a talk or scripture--or he'll sub classes (like Robbie's the last two weeks). I teach every week since I don't have an adviser for the Laurels. Get home. Eat. Play. Have Family Movie Night. (I may have to attend a Bishop's Youth Discussion or fireside.) Bed.

Monday: Rob always leaves around 5:30 a.m. and we see him around 6-7pm. Robbie has school from 9:10-4:10, so he hurries home, eats and then Robbie and Ty head to their soccer game --again, Rob's the coach and they are undefeated! Game days are the highlight of our week! We love watching them! I have Book Club once a month on Mondays.

Tuesday: Ty has preschool so this is my errand day. I have a short window between naps and picking up kids (like 1 1/2 hours) to get everything done. Tuesday night Robbie has baseball practice.

Wednesday: Ty has playgroup (it rotates, so I have 6 4-year-olds at my house every few weeks). Robbie has Spanish after school. I have mutual that night, which now overlaps with Robbie's baseball games (yes, he has baseball sometimes on Wednesday nights, sometimes on Saturday, sometimes both!)

Thursday: Ty has preschool. Robbie and Ty have soccer practice after school.

Friday: Robbie has baseball after school. I love Fridays since I only have one commitment!

Saturday: Soccer games. Baseball games. Yes, just this week, poor Robbie has 4 games!!! Two baseball, two soccer! Soccer ends in two weeks, though, so then things will lighten up! Saturdays are crazy. Last week, Rob went hunting in the morning, came home only to go to soccer . . . came home and mowed the lawn, planted some bushes and roses, and laid a fire pit. I had to go chaperone a youth dance over an hour away. Got home late . . . it was crazy!

And then we start over. Throw in a few appointments and shopping trips--let's not even get started with the cleaning and laundry--things are crazy! But, I'd rather be doing something than nothing! Here's a few pictures of this weeks' moments:

              A little snack of Triscuts and Craisens on the stairs. Yes, Jimmy can open the fridge and pantry. He's quite self-sufficient!

He has quite the imagination. Here is playing "Baby Lion" trapped in his cage. He'll play the role to a T--making animal noises and only eating from the ground using his tongue. Awesome!

Spiffied up for church.
Ty understands only once concept in "matching"-- clothes must be the exact same color!





I never get good pictures of my kids' eyes. Robbie's are so dark. Ty's are so blue. Jimmy's are so . . . indescribable (blue, green, with swirls of gold and grey!) Here's one attempt at Ty's, but it didn't really work. Oh well. For the record, Ty, your eyes are gorgeous! He and Jimmy got the crazy long, beautiful lashes! So lucky!

No comments: