Thursday, April 25, 2013

Jimmy-isms

Grandma left some gum here--the boys' most favorite thing! Jimmy was supposed to distribute pieces, but lets be real--he's two! He dutifully gave Ty a piece, and with the remaining pieces, he ignored Robbie's begging hand and shoved the rest in his mouth! Mind you, Robbie and I were very sweetly asking him to "share"--he's got to learn somehow, right! Failed! Robbie broke into tears (he's quite emotional these days) and Jimmy went to his room for timeout.

What happened next is one of my sweetest and proudest memories of motherhood! A few minutes later, Jimmy came down stairs, his face full of remorse. "Sorry, Robbie," he said (but it sounded more like "Solly, Wobbie,"--he rolls his Rs when he says sorry--it's totally hilarious!) and then he grabbed the prized, precious gum out of his mouth, and handed it to Robbie. Robbie winced at first, but finally mustered a, "No thank you," and that was it. Isn't that so tender? Gross, yes, but without being asked, my little barely two-year-old figured out how to make someone happy after hurting them. What a moment!

Jimmy has the most annoying habit EVER!!! He's a terrible sleeper. Honestly, I don't even notice anymore when he comes into my bed at night until I feel his finger rubbing my neck! Oh my gosh, it is so awful!  He can only find comfort, but taking his baby pointer finger, and gently caress the front of my neck! He's half asleep or even asleep when he does it! If I get mad at him, he just turns over and does it to Rob! Really!?

Ty is completely his own person--he's obsessed with dinosaurs right now and still asks random questions like, "What's stronger . . . Lightness, or Darkness?" But right now he's also my little flatterer. "Mom, you're more beautiful than a sparkly, pink, glitter dress!" Totally over-the-top! Totally saturated with everything  "girly" in that little boy's repertoire of words. Totally Ty!  Mind you, these statements always come at random moments: while being loaded in the car; when he walks by me in the kitchen . . . just when he feels like it.  But the other day, we were in the car, and Ty had another one of his urges to compliment.  "Mom," he said, "You're prettier than a princess!" I always brighten and give a very excited thank you. Then Jimmy piped in. "Mom!" (it sounded more like a demand) "you pittier dan a orse!" (translated: You're prettier than a horse--or at least that's what I think. Hopefully my little honest child wasn't saying "You're more pitiful than a horse," or "You're more pitied than a horse"). It made me laugh so hard, and he was so proud of his very thoughtful "compliment."

1 comment:

K said...

Your family is so darling. I had to check in and see what you were up to. You are still as cute as ever. It looks like the boys are keeping you busy and you are a fantastic Mom that has had some fun adventures. So happy you are all doing well.