Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Special Visitor!

Grandma came!!! So after totally guilt-tripping her ("Mom, you've been to Texas like 4 times! I can't even count your Utah trips! You've come here, oh wait . . . NEVER! Okay, so maybe my kids aren't good enough to warrant a visit. My friends have never met you. Wah wah, boo hoo!) It was cruel, I know, but it worked! She came for a week! Rob was in Chicago pretty much the whole time for some conference, so it was girl time.

Ty and Robbie creamed her in soccer! My mom was laughing so hard, it really wasn't much of a competition.
Then she got to see the real thing! It was totally freezing, but Robbie and Ty took their team to yet another victory! We haven't lost a game in two seasons! Woot! Woot!
And then we went to the T-Rex Cafe--amazing ambiance! Jimmy actually wanted to stay in his seat here!--a first for restaurants!





And then we did the whole Church History tour. We went to Liberty Jail.
This is at the Independence Visitors' Center.
 

Ahh, and we ran into Sister Ogletree! She's one of my most favorite missionaries ever!

And you can't come to Kansas City without having some BBQ!!! 

But most of the time, we just ate, shopped, and chilled. It was gloomy the whole week, and my mom got sick, but that's okay--at least we were together!

She couldn't decide if watching Jimmy drive his "tractor" was terrifying or hilarious! And she completely fell in love with his eyes--I mean, how do you say no to that face!!!?


Thanks MOM!!! Miss you!

No comments: