Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Birthday Week

My actual birthday was pretty lame. Rob was post call, which meant that he wanted to take advantage of a "day off." In his mind, that means WORK! So, we ordered 10,000 pounds of Missouri River Rock--hired the neighborhood boys, and landscaped the yard. Happy Birthday to me, I know. But, my mom made it all better, when she flew in the next day and took me to The Capital Grille! I'd been wanting to go forever, and so that was my birthday present--mom and me downtown eating good food.  We ordered their lettuce wedge salad, french onion soup, au gratin potatoes, lobster mac 'n' cheese, and we each got filet mignons (mom got her sliced with onions and mushrooms). Heavens it was fun! And. . . they brought us free dessert since it was my birthday!


We then headed up to Iowa City for my niece, Mary's, baptisms. Dad flew into Iowa and then drove back with us down to Missouri, where he spent his vacation . . . working! Gotta love these guys! He fixed up our termite wall, fixed a broken faucet, and planted two new trees (since ours couldn't self-pollinate).

And he taught the boys to play checkers.




And as always, lots of stories. He and Robbie studied The Friend for a while, each taking some time to read together. Then I overheard him helping Robbie set goals etc. Always a great example.


Earlier in the week:

My friend Lori took me to get my first pedicure! Divine!
And on St. Patty's day--Ty requested Green Eggs 'n' Ham.



No comments: