Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Robbie

Some of these pictures are totally old, but I've got to show them. This was taken right after Christmas; I think every child in America got some kind of rubberband loom (Robbie's was Bandaloom) and went to town making bracelets and necklaces. Robbie seriously went to school like this and KNEW he looked cool! Eventually the teacher had to ban all bracelets since they were such a distraction for all the kids. Can't imagine why. :)
Robbie is like me in almost every way. He thinks like me. His personality is like mine-- his emotion and fears . . . but there is one way that he is NOT like me. Poetry. I got all kinds of awards in elementary school for poetry--oh how I could feel all the emotions . . . I wrote about all things pretty like doves and crystal chandeliers . . . and in my world everything was "glistening". Robbie thinks like a scientist. Facts. This is his best poem of the year. I almost died laughing when I read it, but kept my cool. The kids were supposed to write about pumpkins at Halloween. Robbie's says, "I am a pumkin waiting for some one to pick me and carve me." Deep stuff, I know! Best part: Rob said in all seriousness, "What's wrong with it? It's good." Can't imagine where he gets it! :)

Robbie's teacher, Mr. Andreasen, is fantastic with the kids. He's a photographer and takes all kids of great shots of the students. This is Robbie at Skate Night.

One Saturday, all the kids and their families in the class met up at the school for a sled day. 


More Skate Night . . .


 More sled day . . .





First Day of School: All First Graders

Mr. Andreasen's 1st Grade Class. (Robbie is in light blue in the back row . . . left side.)

Pajama Day (Robbie is the 5th from the right)

I've learned to really love this class. I volunteer every week, so I know all the kids and teacher really well. It's great!

Robbie is doing fantastic in school. Already grade levels ahead in reading, writing, and math. He is a good boy, too, and everyone wants to be his friend. He is playing competitive soccer and baseball right now (it's crazy) and spends most of his freetime playing sports with the older kids in the neighborhood. Last week he scored three goals (soccer) in less than two minutes. He's been recruited by another coach for tournament play down in Overland Park--it's pretty fun stuff!

No comments: