Friday, October 24, 2008

And so it continues...

Balcony view from our place in Midway

A few years ago, my little sister, Aricka, asked Rob, "So how come you are the same age as Jaron [my older brother] but he has a job, a house, and kids, and you don't have anything?" We still laugh about it, but since then, the only thing we have remedied is having kids. Why? It is simply the road we have chosen to take. Playing college ball so Rob could pay his way through school meant 6 years of undergrad. After that he worked for a year at a surgical hospital and then moved on to medical school. Eight years from now, though, we'll hopefully have a job and a house! We've been married 6 years; four of those years were in Michigan, one in Utah, and we are going on our second year in Missouri. Where to next...UTAH! Yep, Rob is going to be doing his 3rd and 4th year rotations in Provo, Utah. We are so excited to be close to family again, especially since Rob will have to be gone for about 4 months during his 4th year. We are planning on living in Midway, Utah (my parents have a place there)--a darling little Swiss town in the mountains. The boys will be able to swim and play basketball all year long and in the summer there is so much for them to do, they are going to go bonkers! We'll miss Kirksville a ton, but it is time, once again, to move on.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

When are you going to be moving back to Utah? Miss you guys a ton! Glad to know things are going well!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh. I live in Provo...I totally want to come by and see you. When do you guys get here?

The Haas Family said...

We are probably moving the end of June.

Laura Waltz said...

Oh how exciting! Also, the view is spectacular. It looks likes something from a movie; super cozy! I bet your families are glad that you will be closer to both of them again.

K said...

It will be fun to have you closer. That's awesome that he was able to get on in Utah. Midway is a great place to live. How lucky are you? We'll have to come and visit. Especially for Swiss Days. I'm bound and determined to make it there one day. It's on my top 50 things I want to do before I'm 40- I've only got 4 years left!!!

Natalie said...

WOW - How fun that you'll be in Midway! We just may end up being neighbors. :) What's the name of the community you'll be living in?