Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mischief

Considering the amount of art we do in the this house, I'm shocked this didn't happen earlier; I guess everyone has to have their "Coloring on..." story. Here's ours:

This is Robbie during "nap time."


Ty was asleep in the crib right next to Robbie's "art" so I told Robbie to go take his nap in the study--no need to wake Ty with Robbie's protest. I quickly grabbed all the markers and put them up and ran downstairs for a magic eraser. (Robbie and I already tried to clean it off with soap and water--it was a no go.) When I got back upstairs, I heard Robbie playing in the study instead of sleeping. I went in to see what was going on and found this:

A very proud Robbie tangling all the string on Daddy's fly rod (which, by the way, I have no idea how he found). Fun day of discovery in this house, let me tell ya!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! Have he and Jackson been talking behind our backs?

Laura Waltz said...

I really think it's a boy thing. Parker has been a handful lately (to put it mildly). I even cried yesterday b/c I just couldn't handle it. He thinks he is so awesome and is pushing everything around (our side tables, his playard...you name it). He has been throwing a minimum of 20 tantrums a day. I am very afraid for the future! I guess the Lord must have a lot of faith in me to be able to handle him.

I can't even imagine having two boys. You are so brave! :D

Kara said...

That art is impressive! It is fun to see how your family is doing!

K said...

Have you discovered the power of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers or Dissolv-It? If you haven't I invite you to make the investment. Your life will be so much easier:) I happen to know that Magic erasers will also remove sharpie from tables in police stations:) Yep, you know there's a story there, but remember I was married to someone that was/is a police officer, so at least that explains why my son was at a police station! Anyway, I'm glad you caught it on film. By the time he's a teenager I'll bet you can do an entire mini album on his mischievous adventures. I know- I have one!

Jenny said...

What a good mommy to just send him on to a nap elsewhere. I would have yelled and... well... You're a better mom than me.

Sarah said...

Wow, he is quite the Jackson Pollock.

Did the magic eraser work?

Anonymous said...

I thouroughly enjoy reading and looking at the pictures on your blog. It's amazing how life moves forward and we get married and have children. You have the cutest children. I love how you said that your children's joys are your own because that's how it really is!