Sunday, April 5, 2009

Venison


Rob is a big believer in eating wild game. He always is telling me how much better it is: it isn't pumped with broths and nitrates; it has less fat; the animal actually had a life instead of an existance in a pen...he goes on and on. The problem is, I just don't really care for the taste--probably just because I am not used to it. Well, though Rob came home buckless this deer season, a friend of his didn't and decided to share the goods with us. His wife gave me ideas of how to disguise the flavor (like me, she's not a huge fan)--thanks Nashelle! I've used it in lasagna, chili, and recently meatballs. The boys are eating it just fine. Still, I took this picture of Ty after taking a bite and it just cracks me up. His expression really matches mine--I'll eat it but I'm not begging for seconds.

4 comments:

Laura Waltz said...

I grew up eating it regularily, and I still don't always like the taste. You really can taste a difference, but, Rob has some good points. Plus...it sure beats paying $3-$4 dollars a lb. for cow meat! Good luck cooking w/ it.

Nashelle said...

LOL! Thanks for taking some off of our hands, Kyrsten! You doing better than me...I really need to use up ours FAST!!!

Julie said...

LOL, that is so funny!

Jenny said...

Jason really likes it and I haven't had it since elementary school...so I don't really remember it. You are such a good wife to cook with it anyway.