Sunday, June 2, 2013

Back Off, Girls!!!

I can't begin to tell you how many love notes Robbie has gotten this year. He comes home with presents, perfumed notes, pictures . . . the girls just can't stop! After they started kissing him, I was getting a little panicked, but Robbie was a good boy and told the teacher--didn't happen again. Things got taken to a whole new level last week when a girl told  Robbie a terrible story dealing with her and him and no clothing-- NOT OKAY!!! I told the teacher and parents and all children involved were spoken to. I mean seriously, he's in KINDERGARTEN!!!

He's cute in his masculine, dark-skinned, big hair, super-nice-guy type of way. He's super smart, an AMAZING athlete (everything the kid touches turns to gold), but he's still so sweet! He's a dream guy, right? (And he sings and is sensitive to women's feelings . . . perfect!) So, I get it--I'd crush on him too, but I was shocked last week when I realized how OPEN these little girls are! I loved boys from day one, but I was NEVER up front about it--where's the fun in that? Not these girls.

I volunteered to help with Field Day. I watched from a different station as it was his turn to dribble the soccer ball and score . . . the class started chanting, "Robbie! Robbie!" Yes, I noticed they only did it for him, but whatever. But then afterward  I had lunch with him in his classroom.  One little girl at his table said, "Wow! You're really pretty!"  What a nice little girl, I thought; but the thought faded when she let the rest out. "Yeah, I think Robbie is super cute!" She'd just been kissing up! And then the avalanche began.

"No, he's handsome!"
"When Robbie's hot, he looks super hot, you know!"
"Did you know that Olivia said she has a crush on him?"
"All the girls kiss his book box when they leave the room."

The entire room erupted in confessions or back-biting as they talked about who or why they liked Robbie! The teacher had to calm all the kids down several times. Poor Robbie just sat there and pretended to be super excited about his sandwich. I leaned over and asked is friend, Roman, if it was always like this, "No, just sometimes." My poor little boy! I am seriously so frustrated that these girls think they can embarrass my son and confess their love to him . . . he's so uncomfortable with it! He doesn't even like girls yet (yes, I've asked. He seems to prefer the older ones . . . the kid LOVES babysitters! :)) Regardless, if this is just a taste of what's to come, I can tell right now, I'm not going to be the "cool" mom; I'm going to be the one who is always ticked off and annoyed by the girls coming by. I always hated those ones. How ironic.

No comments: