Sunday, June 30, 2013

Toothless Unbeliever!

Robbie lost yet another tooth! He actually went to the nurse at school and she tied floss around it and yanked it out (he wouldn't let Rob do it--apparently the school nurse had more medical expertise!). While my mom was out visiting last week, she bought me another camera--yes, mine broke again! So I took a few toothless pictures to try out all the fun techniques.


Darling, toothless grin! But . . . I'm afraid my child is an unbeliever! After he got a Sacajawea coin under his pillow, he came to my room and said, "Mom, where'd you put my tooth?"
"What are you talking about?" 
He rolled his eyes. "I'm serious, Mom. Did you keep it?" He went on for a while. It's been a bit of an issue. He insists that Santa makes absolutely no sense, just like the tooth fairy. "It's totally impossible, Mom!"  I was upset to find that at school he and his friend Roman were telling people that such characters were made-up. The kids were appalled and said that that was like not believing in Jesus--to which Robbie and Roman (our sweet Pentecostal neighbor) explained that Jesus IS REAL. I don't ever lie to him or tell him there IS or ISN'T--I want him to figure it out by himself (which he seems to already have) but we make it very clear that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father ARE real. 

But that he already knows. He gave the lesson if Family Home Evening the other night. I was so proud of him since he prepared it himself! He used a picture of a boy praying from the gospel picture kit--read the principle on the back, gave a real-life experience of when his prayers were answered, and then bore his testimony. Darling, I know. But the cutest part, was at the beginning. He sat in front of the coffee table, and said that he needed a podium! :) He keeps talking about how he knows now that he has a testimony and keeps asking when fast and testimony meeting is coming--he wants to share it.  He's such a cute little missionary; he talks to his friends about Jesus, prophets, and church unabashedly all the time. Sweet boy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you again! Your oldest looks so grown up now. Miss you tons! We're planning a BBQ in Utah but I'm sure you're too far away to make it :( It will be in August. Love ya! Pammy

Anonymous said...

Write when you get a chance!