Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ty

"Mom, bad guys go poop on their moms." This totally made me laugh. He's a genius, really. I mean poop is like the grossest thing ever to a two-year-old, and to do it on your mom! The ultimate disrespect! Yep, that is definitely BAD and I am sure bad guys do it.

K: "What does it mean to repent?"
T: Shrug. "I think it's Spanish."

We were in church and Ty saw the picture of the lamb and the lion. Ty stops and says, "Mom, that's a picture of when Jesus turns into a lion!" He saw Narnia at Grandma's house.

We were reading a book yesterday and I started asking Ty questions. "What is a baby dog called?"
"Baby Dog."
I laugh.
"Where do ducks live?"
"In lakes."
"What's a baby horse called?"
Ty looks at me like I'm totally pathetic, but really panic is behind his eyes--he has no guess! Finally he smirks and says, "Mom, you don't know what that is?" And that was it. He just dumped it all on me so he wouldn't have to answer. Smooth.

Ty kept dumping dirt out of the potted plants in our house and Rob had had it. "Ty! Leave the dirt alone! Don't even touch it!" A few days later Ty was at it again. "Ty! I told you not to touch the dirt!" Ty is mad at this point and fires back, "I'm not! I have gloves on!" and sure enough--those gardening gloves were doing all the work, dumping heaps of dirt all over the floor.

Ty LOVES superheros and any kind of action-adventure. Well before we moved Ty was outside playing with the neighborhood kids. He had on his Optimus Prime mask and his friend, Caden, was wearing the Ironman mask. Though Caden is six, Ty had no problem taking him on since it was really Optimus doing the work. Needless to say, Caden drilled him. He ran to my arms crying. I tried to comfort him, but it wasn't working. Finally he says, "Mom, I thought Optimus Prime was a good fighter . . . but he isn't! And I thought Ironman was a good guy, but he's not!" So cute.

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

I LOVED reading this! What a funny little guy you have!

Daniel H. Wilde said...

haha I have tears down my face from laughing so much!