Thursday, April 5, 2012

Strep Throat


Poor Ty. A few days ago he didn't want to eat breakfast because his "fwoat hurt." The day before I had noticed that his breath smelled funny. No runny nose. Yep, had to be strep. Rob checked his throat and sure enough. I took him in just to make sure and when the rapid strep test came back positive, I opted for the one-time shot instead of ten days of antibiotics. Ty was hysterical (he actually punched me in the face he was so mad--nice kid :)) The shot in his bum was super viscous and painful, so the nurse suggested that we heat it when it gets sore. This is of my sweet Ty, who fell asleep while heating his bottom!

He's been loving it, actually. He gets yummy Tylenol and Rob bought him popsicles . . . he gets to watch movies under blankets--being sick is a real treat! Today he is back to his normal self and his throat finally looks normal.

No comments: