Sunday, April 22, 2012

Super Saturday

It was a great day! It started with Robbie's T-ball practice (so great to watch! He's a little bit of a ball hog right now, running half way across the field and knocking over teammates to get the ball--but he'll learn. He's still in soccer mode, I think.)  Then Rob took the boys to the Kansas City Speedway for a little NASCAR action! He got tickets from one of the doctors he works with. It was row 15. Super loud. Super fast. Super close. Super nauseating (poor Rob can't handle spinning.) The hot dogs were a foot long. They got to take a golf cart back to their car. It was an adventure. (I went shopping with only one child--it was like heaven!)  Let it be noted that Robbie thought the sport far too dangerous and insisted he would NOT grow up to be a NASCAR driver. "I could crash!" He's right. Ty, on the other hand, thought it would be the coolest job in the world, and decided that he WILL be a race car driver when he grows up. "But I'll be careful," he says. He loved the tilted track! He kept showing me the angle with his hand. :)

 
 Then we had a sweet pick up soccer game in our backyard. Four on four. Our neighborhood boys against Rob & Robbie and our friends Ross & Braden. They're starting to tear it up, I tell you! Homemade pizza for dinner. Yum! Then off to Worlds of Fun! It's a theme park by our house and we bought season passes for the family; I am so glad we did! We just stopped by for two hours and left--guilt-free! The kids slept like they were hibernating. Great day of memories!


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Man I wish I would've been there with you guys instead of where I was and doing what I was doing! :) Let's plan on going soon!